Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I can't live without...

Let's just say up front that my husband, children, dogs and family in general are at the top of this list but since you already know that we'll just skip to the random stuff that makes my life happy.

In no particular order....

1. My camera.  Whether it's my beautiful Nikon D90 (gifted to me in Italy by my wonderful mother) or my phone camera, I live for taking pictures. While capturing the big moments in life are important, I love capturing the random moments and being able to look back at them.  It puts a smile on my face. 

2. Cheetos and instant mashed potatoes.  Yup.  You heard me.  Cheetos and instant mashed potatoes...preferably together...as a meal.  When I was in high school and my stepfather had to travel, my mom and I would make this huge batch of mashed potatoes and do a face plant in a bag of Cheetos at the same time.  Try it!

3. Vampire Diaries.  I also watch Downton Abbey, Pretty Little Liars and The Carrie Diaries but if I was forced to pick just one it would be Vampire Diaries.  I LIVE for Thursday nights at 8pm!

4. Scrap Club.  First Sunday of every month from 10-4.  It's my time away..a creative outlet...a chance to recharge my batteries and so much more.  This is the day that 4 (sometimes 5) of my truly amazing friends and I get together in my mom's super kick-ass scrap room and just hang out.  We scrap, edit pictures, eat  brownie cookies, laugh, make lunch, celebrate birthdays, laugh some more, learn new things and drink lots of  blue moon margaritas. 

5. Clean sheets.  Aren't they the best?  My entire house can be trashed but if I'm able to crawl into clean sheets at the end of a long day everything seems okay. 

6. Girls Night.  We all need them so you can stop pretending like this wouldn't make your list too.  This is a chance to hang out with other women, bitch about our husbands, express concern about our kids growing up, drink, eat, gossip about the ones who didn't show up, drink some more and laugh about it all the next day. 

7. Snuggle time.  Okay, so this has to do with the kids but it's something I can't live without.  I love gathering all of my babies around me (snuggled under multiple layers of blankets) for weekend movie time.  They let me snuggle and pet all I want because they're too involved in the movie to notice.  It's even better if they've had a bath....sigh....

8. Traditions.  Thanksgiving at the parentals followed up with a walk on the cart path and football in the home theater room.  Christmas Eve munchie food and gift opening.  Easter egg hunts or birthday lunches at the kids' school.  I live for them all.

9. SHOT.  Strategic Hierarchical Operations Team.  I can't give away any more details except it applies to work and alcohol....but not in the office or during working hours. 

10.   Hair appointments.  One may say that this is something that I can do without since it's  been almost a year since my last appointment.  Wow...that's pathetic.  But nothing makes me feel better than a cut and highlights.  And I'm normally way more on top of this but it's  been a busy year. 

11. Nail night.  Every other Thursday unless it's a holiday or I'm on vacation you can bet I'll be at Judy Nail's with mom getting our nails all beautified.  And let's not forget the summer months when we indulge in pedi's too:)

What about you??  What can't you live without???

No comments:

Post a Comment