Friday, January 11, 2013

One Little Word 2013

For the past five years I've followed along with Ali Edward and chosen a "word" to focus on for the upcoming year.  My first word was "Simplify".  Hmmmm...not a lot of progress there as we found out we were expecting Baby #3.  I think I chose a word for the next 3 years but history repeated itself and I didn't do a thing about it. 

This year I've come up with THE word for me. 

Balance

It's perfect...because most of the time I feel like I have none.  It's a constant daily struggle to balance all of my roles.  Mommy, wife, career, taxi driver, family CFO, housekeeper, friend, daughter...etc.   Most days I feel like just about the time I'm finding my groove in one role, I have to switch to another.  I think most busy moms feel this way one time or another so I'm sure I'm not alone. 

I picked a word.  And now I'm going to do something with it.  I want this word to be a part of me.  Something I'm consciously trying to achieve every day.  I want to be reminded that I chose Balance as my 2013 word because it's important. 

So I've decided to take Ali Edwards' "One Little Word" class through Big Pictures Classes.  I bought all of my supplies today and I can't wait to get started.  By the end of the year I should have a full album about this journey of mine to find balance in my life.  I may succeed...and I may not.  But at the end of the year, I'll be able to look back and remember this amazing year filled with so many journeys and triumphs. 



If you had to choose...what would be your "word"?

No comments:

Post a Comment